Sunday 15 February 2015

February catch up


There is so much to talk about I don’t know where to begin!
1) New York fashion week kicked off this week and there are plenty of shows, street styles images and presentations to catch up on.
My favourites so far are;
- ICB - beautiful palette/ pop of colour /creative knitwear draping.
- Jason Wu – Khaki one of my favourite colours/ that side slit / the fur combinations.
- Kate Spade NY – always in my top 10, I love the creativity every season
- Kanye West x Adidas Originals – forever my number 1. One of my biggest influencers from day 1, more so after I stepped into his studio in 2013. One of the most misunderstood creatives I know.
- Red Valentino – black and white check/ embroidery on the skirt
That’s all I have managed to catch up on so far, but I plan to spend the rest of Sunday scanning more shows and collections.
2) Two days in Lisbon, I narrowed down my guide on where to go and what to see with limited time. Will post mid week!
3) Valentines shmalentines, Im not against the whole February 14th concept, I do enjoy seeing people happy and all lovey dovey. I just don’t like the idea of pinning it all down on that one day. I am fortunate enough to be in a relationship exciting enough to feel like valentines everyday. One day shouldn’t be the only day you show people you love how much you love them. Its valentines everyday baby!
4) Lastly, lets talk this look! I was pinning away in my lunch break one day, and had an urge to shoot something black and white, something moody, something with flowers and clean backgrounds.
So naturally I planned, prepared and shot. My jewels and gems are by the wonderful Ottoman Hands, the black and white doesn’t show the gems true beauty, but each stone is hand picked and naturally unique. It’s best to visit one of their concessions to see the gems up close to see what I mean!
Keeping the background simple I wanted to work with clean shapes, I know the style and silhouette that suit my figure and I tend to run with them, recognise this lace top? Sure you do, I wore the black colour way last summer!
Know your bodies’ strengths, highlight them and embrace them; love the body you are in ☺
We don’t usually shoot with props, but with all the roses and flowers flying around for Valentines we decided to have some fun with it.



Outfit – Top/MissSelfridges Jumper/Primark Skirt/Missguided Coat/Marks&Spencer Shoes/Zara Bag/Modalu Earrings/OttomanHands Rings/OttomanHands Necklace/OttomanHands Bracelets/OttomanHands
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig