Friday 22 April 2016

Happy Earth Day


As a world this week we have claimed a mini victory, two days ago the Indian government passed a law to ban animal testing on soaps and detergents, protecting rabbits, mice and guinea pigs. This makes me so happy, after all who are we as humans to play god when it is unnecessary to cause this kind of harm to other living beings.
Since owning my little ball of joy called Jambu (a Maltese and bichon fris mix) I have become even more attached to animals. I rarely used to eat meat so I decided to cut it out of my diet for good a couple of years ago, fish has always been a no no because I can’t stomach the smell! At the moment I’m on a mission to wane myself off dairy and then I will know whole heartedly I am trying my best to contribute to the wellbeing of other animals.
It takes time to right our wrongs, but I now know eating meat and dairy is not a path I want to go down. When something that causes such harm and pain to others is avoidable it should stay that way.

On the topic of nature and all things beautiful today is National Earth Day!
It’s an annual event on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. After all this Earth doesn’t belong to us, it was here long before us and still will be here once we are gone.
You don’t have to get up and do anything out of the ordinary to contribute to Earth Day, it is something as small as recycling, walking instead of taking the car or even using tote bags for your grocery shopping instead of plastic bags. All these small acts practised daily will help our Earth and give a promising future for those using it once we have gone.

On the weekend Gurp’s and I visited the Barbican conservatory to have a wander and feel like children again. I am so thankful to have natural resources readily available to visit like this one, I find it so refreshing to see, it’s like brain food for me, I’m very much anti-technology and try to keep electrical goods usage to a minimum. The further I go with this blog post, the more I think I sound like a hippie!
Jokes aside though, I think once in a while it’s good to pick up and leave worries behind and visit places like this, house chores are always there, go out and do something that excites you, after all we know this saying all too well ‘life’s too short’
I’m working on myself to be the best version of me I can, to be caring towards other living beings and kind to everyone I come across. Thank you for reading!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig